SUMERNET 4 All Thematic Advisers’ Call for Applications
SUMERNET 4 All is a knowledge-based policy research programme. The programme wants to support research projects that focus on reducing water insecurity for all in particular for the poor, marginalized and socially vulnerable groups of women and men in the Mekong Region. Within this focus are three themes:
- water access, rights and allocation in times of water insecurity;
- governance and management of water-related disaster risks;
- transboundary interactions with water systems.
For more details on SUMERNET, please see this link.
To ensure SUMERNET delivers the greatest impact, we are looking for regional advisers.
Application Deadline: 17 June 2019
SUMERNET wishes to fund some of the best minds, skills and competencies in the Mekong Region to advise and guide our research and network. SUMERNET Advisers are high‐profile academics, experts, policy makers, NGO and donor representatives who provide strategic advice on the development of research for policy and practice, media or outreach and policy engagement.
The SUMERNET 4 All Thematic Advisers will provide support for research partners in the following topics:
Importantly the thematic advisers will work together to provide an integrated resource to improve knowledge and build capacity in SUMERNET projects and across the network. The specific details of each adviser's role is available attached to this call.
There are two stages:
- Online application: Applicants must first submit a letter, provide evidence and agree to the general and specific responsibilities related to ONE adviser role. Each adviser will have their own specific approach, knowledge and skills to contribute as an expert – as such we would expect no single person able to fulfill more than one adviser role. The applications will be reviewed by SUMERNET Secretariat and other concerned regional experts and approved by the SUMERNET Steering Committee. Please use this link to the online application form.
- Interviews: Those individuals whose applications have been shortlisted will be invited to an interview. Interviews are scheduled for mid-May. Final decisions will be made and successful applicants will be notified in late May. SUMERNET reserves the right to decline any applications that does not meet the minimum requirements set by the reviewing committee.
- Cover letter highlighting the candidates’ motivation to apply to this role and specific experience related to each of all general and specific responsible tasks;
- Recent CV;
- 2-3 writing samples in which the candidate is a lead author;
- Daily rate (in USD) of the applicant.
The key dates are:
- Call for applications – 23 May 2019
- Application submission deadline – 17 June 2019 (23.59 Bangkok time, GMT +7), submission link: https://sei.submittable.com/submit/139325/sumernet-4-all-thematic-advisers-call-for-applications
- Interviews scheduled – 19 - 28 June 2019
- Final selection made – 1 July 2019, contracting by 8 - 19 July 2019.
- Workshops for capacity building, full proposal development and performance assessment framework for short-listed consortia – August 2019 (It is mandatory for Advisers to participate in these workshops and activities).
For further inquiries, please contact Ms. Unchulee Lualon (firstname.lastname@example.org)