During 18-19 September, SEI will organize the "Knowledge Exchange Workshop between Chindwin River Basin and Mekong River Basin on Mainstreaming Biodiversity and Ecosystem Service Values into Development Plans".
The objectives of the workshop are:
1. To exchange knowledge, lesson learned and good practices on the following topics
- Impact assessment of development and climate change on biodiversity and ecosystem services and livelihoods
- Biodiversity and ecosystem valuation, natural capital and payment for ecosystem services
- Developing conservation actions in Key Biodiversity Areas and mainstreaming conservation into development planning (bridging science and policy)
- Raising public awareness on biodiversity conservation
2. To carry out training need assessment of targeted stakeholders of the project
3. To build new networks between Chindwin River Basin and Mekong River Basin
4. To raise public awareness on biodiversity conservation and protection
A number of key policymakers in the Sagaing Region are expected to attend including the Minister of Sagaing Regional Government, the Department of Mines, Directorate of Water Resources and Improvement of River Systems (DWIR), and the Environmental Conservation Department (ECD).
Please download the agenda for more details.