SEI Asia Centre is looking for a Senior Research Fellow to work with the Centre’s "Water Cluster" to lead research on water resources management and application of Geographic Information System (GIS), integrating disaster risk management, and supporting the Cluster research.
The Senior Research Fellow will support the Water Cluster Lead in the development of the research agenda, overall strategy and project development as well the day to day activities of the cluster, including undertaking research activities related to ongoing projects, leading the development of new research projects and providing advices to more junior researchers. This position leads research/project works relating to water resources management and application of Geographic Information System (GIS), integrating appropriate disaster risk management.
The selected candidate will work with staff in the Asia Centre and other consortiums on relevant activities of existing programme, including SUMERNET and SERVIR Mekong and other future programme related to water resources management and climate change throughout the world, based from Asia.
- Lead or implement Water Cluster research work and/or projects, according to the work plan and available budget.
- Write peer-reviewed research publications and develop other information, including the web page, issued from concerned research projects.
- Cooperate with and support colleagues in the Water Cluster research team to ensure high quality deliverables on schedule.
- Provide guidance to junior and mid-level staff on research management, project implementation and reporting, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Identify funding sources, lead or contribute to fundraising.
- Support the centre management and development upon request by SEI Asia Management Team.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Water Cluster’s work plan, including budget and identification, design, development, and implementation of research projects within areas that further the aims and objectives of SEI.
- Contribute to the development of the institute’s policies and cluster strategy.
- Contribute to strengthening the relationship between Asia Centre with the host country (Thai government) and partnership with the host institute (Chulalongkorn University) and other agencies within the region.
- PhD or equivalent with a minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in water resources management and development of decision supports system through application of GIS, with proven experience within Mekong region.
- Excellent record in project implementation.
- Strong network with government agencies, academic institutes and NGOs in the Mekong region.
- Excellent research and publication record.
Great record in fundraising.
- Proven ability to lead a strong, visible and lasting research portfolio involving several researchers.
- Recognized as senior expert in her/his field.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
- Strong motivation, personal initiative and commitment to excellence and results, as well as enthusiasm for doing scientific research.
- Demonstrated record of interdisciplinary collaboration, partnership and team building and the desire to work in a collaborative environment with time management.
SEI Asia offers an exciting and interesting opportunity to work alongside some of the region's leading researchers, on issues that genuinely change the world we live in. Salary is commensurate with academic background and experience.
How to apply
Click the apply button at this weblink: https://www.sei-international.org/working-for-sei/3613